I’ve discovered why posts have gone missing.
This email is to inform you that we detected a storage hardware problem, involving a single MYSQL server, Saturday, September 17, 2011. We took immediate action to restore from backups, and while all of the data should be restored, some customers may still have missing data.
You did not previously have Database Backup enabled, therefore, we have restored your website to the last system backup on August 10, 2011.
Unfortunately I haven’t made any manual backups recently either, so the content added since August 10th are largely gone (not completely, I’ve got backups of a couple of them). It’s too bad, but nothing worth worrying about. I’ll go back and recreate some of them when I get time. In the mean time, I’m been considering doing a little redesigning, so perhaps this will be a good time to do that.